Welcome to the land of “the rising sun”.. the 10th century Sun Temple and reservoir – Surajkund ..located amidst the tranquil surroundings of Aravalis! In this tour we will discuss about the evolution of this neighborhood since the ancient till the modern times, the architectural style found here and other significant chapters in the history of Delhi. We will also together experience a unique energy healing and musical meditation session while wandering amidst the relics of an ancient Sun Temple!
Vlogged a recent trip to the beautiful hill station of Chakrata, Uttrakhand (India). Beautiful landscape, fun times and even lessons in “Geology” 🙂 Enjoy!
Latest webisode in the #TranquilDelhi #JourneysWithin vlog series – Jain Temple Dadabari of Mehrauli, Delhi, India!
A quick trip to this Greenzone in South Delhi – the Hauz Rani City Forest! This City Forest is located near the Saket Metro Station along the Mehrauli-Badarpur Road new Sainik Farms. The Map location is given here: https://goo.gl/maps/SKAdnEs7FMn
A ‘Vihara’ (experiential Heritage walk) and a Sound Healing session at the Jain Sanctuaries of Mehrauli!
Facebook Event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/322308021827151/
In this unique tour we’ll walk in the spiritually charged neighborhood of Yoginipura, the modern day Mehrauli. We’ll attempt to experience the serene surroundings and the amazing art work around in a manner how the seekers and seers here did once upon a time! We’ll discuss about the Jain school of thought and understand how it runs as a common binding thread as Delhi flips pages from the ancient through the Sultanate, Mughal and even the British and contemporary chapters of its life!
We’ll visit a blessed sanctum of peace, wisdom and spiritual energy; take a tranquil trek up a hillock to witness the grand idol of an enlightened master; listen to stories and historical trivia associated with the “Jain” aspects of Delhi; and, to welcome the New Year ahead with a new vision, we’ll take a dip into our own Zen with a quick Sound Healing and Meditation session under the sky 🙂
More Info related to the tour:
– Places covered: Dada Baadi Jain Temple + Ahinsa Sthal, Mehrauli
– Walk leader and Sound healing session moderator : Aditya Pathak
– Date & Day: 30th December 2018, Sunday
– Timings : 9:00 am to 12:00 noon
– Meeting Point : Main gate near Qutub Minar Metro Station Parking
– Meeting Point Map Location: https://goo.gl/maps/deFcqCorj9r
– Parking is available at the Qutub Minar Metro Station Parking Lot
– Charges : ₹400 per head
– Total Walking Distance: around 2.5 km (Moderate Terrain)
– For further queries reach out to Asif at 9818278665
Things to Note:
– Temple rule 1: Before entering both the destinations, footwear is required to be deposited at the counters provided for the purpose
– Temple rule 2: Leather goods, e.g. purse, wallet, belt, shoes, bags etc. are prohibited inside the main shrines
– Meditation Guidance 1: We’ll be sitting on green grass under the sky! Please carry sheets or Yoga mats etc if you feel the need
– Meditation Guidance 2: Some phases of the Meditation session require us to close our eyes. It helps if you have something like a scarf etc available to use as a blindfold for the same
Saket, which is now synonymous with glitzy malls, global brands, and a swankier lifestyle, was once dotted by beautiful medieval structures stretching from the Qutub to Chirag Delhi, comprising of the fourth city of Delhi – “Jahanpanah”.
Delhi Karavan will take you to the unknown alleys of the Khirki Village, where the Khirki Masjid, ‘The Window Mosque’ still stands tall amidst a crowd of urbanity, like a breath of fresh air! The next stop would be Sheikh Yusuf Katal Tomb. Still off the usual heritage circuit, this 16th century Lodhi era tomb is hidden away and even difficult to locate on Google. We shall further move to the Satpula Dam, the seven arched waterways of the medieval period, showing the excellent canal system that existed during the Tughlaq’s Sultanate. Experience with us the aesthetic beauty of symmetry of these structures, the multitude of domes and the peace which surrounds the otherwise busy streets and traffic of the posh locales of South Delhi.
If time and logistics permit, we shall also attempt to visit the nearby Dargah of Chiragh e Dehlvi.
Places to be covered:
*Shaykh Usman Saiyah Tomb
* Khirki Masjid
* Sheikh Yusuf Katal Tomb
* Dargah of Roshan E Chirag Dehlvi (if time permits)
Total walking 3.5km
DAY, DATE & TIME: Sunday, 16th Dec, 2018, 9am to 12 noon
MEETING POINT: Main entrance of Select City Walk Mall
Language: Hindustani (Hindi)Urdu)
CHARGES: Rs. 300 per person
In case of any dikkat, please call us at 9818278665.
ESSENTIALS TO CARRY/WEAR:
1) Dress comfortably but conservatively keeping in mind the local religious sentiments because, if time permits, we may visit Chiragh Dilli Dargah . No shorts and skirts allowed. Also, please carry something to cover your head if you wish to go to the dargah
2) A bottle of water.
HOW TO REACH:
Nearest metro station is Malviya Nagar. A quick auto rickshaw ride from there will get you to the meeting point.
Please note that parking of vehicles might pose an issue as there’s no public parking space available (except for that of the malls), please consider the same in case you’re driving down.
Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/213137589612782/
Facebook event link: https://www.facebook.com/events/904873459704101/
From the greens of Bagh-e-Jud, though a medieval Necropolis, and today a marvelous landscape in Delhi – the Lodhi Gardens area seems to have always been a center for art, architecture, creativity and beauty! Spread over 90 acres this landscaped park is a product of the vision of the medieval Sultans of Delhi and also of the art and skill of British and American architects – truly an incubator for fusion of various art forms!
Amidst it’s beautiful landscape, the park today houses the following:
- royal tombs of medieval Sultans from the Sayyid and Lodhi eras: perfect examples of grandeur and fusion of architecture styles
- an exquisitely decorated mosque and Bara Gumbad, a huge gateway to the same
- Shish Gumbad: a big domed structure that was once decorated with Persian reflective tiles
- ruins of two medieval villages
- a 16th century bridge
- and several other Mughal era monuments.
The park also houses a herbal garden, a bonsai nursery, a butterfly conservatory, many many trees, a big lake and, hence, is also home to several varieties of birds as well! The place is frequented by several fitness and meditation enthusiasts, explorers, artists, nature and heritage lovers and is a favorite spot for photography, picnics and good times 😊
In this walk we will enjoy a Sunday morning, walking with fellow musafirs, across the various experiences that this park offers – primarily discussing the heritage and architectural aspects of the place.
WALK LEADER: Aditya Pathak
Catch him in action on his YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/adityapathakutube
MEETING POINT : Gate no. 1, Lodhi Garden (also known as “Ashoka Gate”)
MAP LINK: https://goo.gl/maps/9EHgbPTyVh12
Walking Distance : approx. 1.5 kms
Charges: 300INR per head
DATE : 18 Nov 2018; Sunday
TIMINGS : 9:00a.m.-11:30a.m.
LANGUAGE: English/ Hindi
TERRAIN : Easy terrain to walk
NEAREST METRO STATION – Jor Bagh (approx 1.5 km from meeting point)
CONTACT DETAILS: 9818278665; email@example.com