In this episode, we visit the place that is believed to be the burial place of Abdul Qadir Bedil – a celebrated poet of the 17th century.
Here, we get to know about the following aspects in connection with the site:
- Bedil – one of the most well known and revered poets of Persian language
- The poetry societies, run by Afghan taxi drivers of Washington DC, dedicated to Bedil’s poetry
- Ghalib’s high opinion of Bedil’s poetry
- The story around Aurangzeb’s order and Bedil’s remark
- The argument about Bedil’s actual burial place
Hope you enjoy! 🙂