A quick trip to this Greenzone in South Delhi – the Hauz Rani City Forest! This City Forest is located near the Saket Metro Station along the Mehrauli-Badarpur Road new Sainik Farms. The Map location is given here: https://goo.gl/maps/SKAdnEs7FMn
An original “Thank You” song for everyone embedded deep in my being
सामने मेरे हर पल यूँ हैं
खुल रहे नये से आसमाँ
आँखों में उम्मीदें भी हैं
मन में उमंगें हैं जवाँ
जीवन की राहों में
साथ तेरा जो मिल गया
इन आसमानों में
उड़ने का अंदाज़ मिल गया
बस कहना चाहूँ तुझसे
ऐ मेरे यार शुक्रिया .. शुक्रिया
Happy New Year friends 🙂 To start the new year on an uplifting and healing note, we bring to you an hour full of an enriched Soundscape that heals and facilitates meditativeness! To top it all, the venue, Ramana Kendra Delhi, happens to be one of the most tranquil and blessed places in Delhi and is just so apt for the purpose 🙂 The whole neighbourhood here is blessed with positive energies and is revered by people from different faiths!
We’ll be playing a handpicked sound-set and conducting a 1 Hour Guided Meditation session… do join in!
- Facebook event link: https://www.facebook.com/events/362316691214433
- Registration link: https://goo.gl/forms/BvHGbsnzTogUQ7MA2
More Info about the event:
- Soundscapes and Meditation facilitated by: Aditya Pathak
- Know more about the facilitator and our Meditation Music here: https://adityapathak.net/meditation/
- Schedule: 11:00a.m. to 12:30p.m. on Sunday, 6th January 2019
- Venue: Main shrine (ground floor), Ramana Kendra Delhi, 8, Institutional Area, Lodhi Road, Delhi, India
- Map link: https://goo.gl/maps/R7bPGuBBCfB2
- Charges: The session is FREE of cost for all. (We do accept voluntary contributions (Optional) that will help us curate more such sessions in future 🙂 Donations can be made in cash or via Paytm/UPI on the spot)
Some guidelines for meditation:
- The session will involve sitting and lying down on a clean carpeted floor. Please carry your bed-sheets/mats etc if you feel the need (Chairs will be available for those unable to sit on the floor)
- Some phases of the Meditation session require us to close our eyes with a blindfold. Please carry a scarf, handkerchief, etc. that can be used as a blindfold.
- It is advised that you have a gap of at-least 1 Hour between your last meal and the Meditation session
- Note 1: Public Convenience (toilets) are available at the venue
- Note 2: The venue can house around 30 individuals at once. To help us plan accordingly please confirm your attendance through the Registration Link shared above.
- Note 3: Please carry reusable water bottles along, to minimize plastic waste 🙂
Registration link: https://goo.gl/forms/BvHGbsnzTogUQ7MA2
A ‘Vihara’ (experiential Heritage walk) and a Sound Healing session at the Jain Sanctuaries of Mehrauli!
Facebook Event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/322308021827151/
In this unique tour we’ll walk in the spiritually charged neighborhood of Yoginipura, the modern day Mehrauli. We’ll attempt to experience the serene surroundings and the amazing art work around in a manner how the seekers and seers here did once upon a time! We’ll discuss about the Jain school of thought and understand how it runs as a common binding thread as Delhi flips pages from the ancient through the Sultanate, Mughal and even the British and contemporary chapters of its life!
We’ll visit a blessed sanctum of peace, wisdom and spiritual energy; take a tranquil trek up a hillock to witness the grand idol of an enlightened master; listen to stories and historical trivia associated with the “Jain” aspects of Delhi; and, to welcome the New Year ahead with a new vision, we’ll take a dip into our own Zen with a quick Sound Healing and Meditation session under the sky 🙂
More Info related to the tour:
– Places covered: Dada Baadi Jain Temple + Ahinsa Sthal, Mehrauli
– Walk leader and Sound healing session moderator : Aditya Pathak
– Date & Day: 30th December 2018, Sunday
– Timings : 9:00 am to 12:00 noon
– Meeting Point : Main gate near Qutub Minar Metro Station Parking
– Meeting Point Map Location: https://goo.gl/maps/deFcqCorj9r
– Parking is available at the Qutub Minar Metro Station Parking Lot
– Charges : ₹400 per head
– Total Walking Distance: around 2.5 km (Moderate Terrain)
– For further queries reach out to Asif at 9818278665
Things to Note:
– Temple rule 1: Before entering both the destinations, footwear is required to be deposited at the counters provided for the purpose
– Temple rule 2: Leather goods, e.g. purse, wallet, belt, shoes, bags etc. are prohibited inside the main shrines
– Meditation Guidance 1: We’ll be sitting on green grass under the sky! Please carry sheets or Yoga mats etc if you feel the need
– Meditation Guidance 2: Some phases of the Meditation session require us to close our eyes. It helps if you have something like a scarf etc available to use as a blindfold for the same
Saket, which is now synonymous with glitzy malls, global brands, and a swankier lifestyle, was once dotted by beautiful medieval structures stretching from the Qutub to Chirag Delhi, comprising of the fourth city of Delhi – “Jahanpanah”.
Delhi Karavan will take you to the unknown alleys of the Khirki Village, where the Khirki Masjid, ‘The Window Mosque’ still stands tall amidst a crowd of urbanity, like a breath of fresh air! The next stop would be Sheikh Yusuf Katal Tomb. Still off the usual heritage circuit, this 16th century Lodhi era tomb is hidden away and even difficult to locate on Google. We shall further move to the Satpula Dam, the seven arched waterways of the medieval period, showing the excellent canal system that existed during the Tughlaq’s Sultanate. Experience with us the aesthetic beauty of symmetry of these structures, the multitude of domes and the peace which surrounds the otherwise busy streets and traffic of the posh locales of South Delhi.
If time and logistics permit, we shall also attempt to visit the nearby Dargah of Chiragh e Dehlvi.
Places to be covered:
*Shaykh Usman Saiyah Tomb
* Khirki Masjid
* Sheikh Yusuf Katal Tomb
* Dargah of Roshan E Chirag Dehlvi (if time permits)
Total walking 3.5km
DAY, DATE & TIME: Sunday, 16th Dec, 2018, 9am to 12 noon
MEETING POINT: Main entrance of Select City Walk Mall
Language: Hindustani (Hindi)Urdu)
CHARGES: Rs. 300 per person
In case of any dikkat, please call us at 9818278665.
ESSENTIALS TO CARRY/WEAR:
1) Dress comfortably but conservatively keeping in mind the local religious sentiments because, if time permits, we may visit Chiragh Dilli Dargah . No shorts and skirts allowed. Also, please carry something to cover your head if you wish to go to the dargah
2) A bottle of water.
HOW TO REACH:
Nearest metro station is Malviya Nagar. A quick auto rickshaw ride from there will get you to the meeting point.
Please note that parking of vehicles might pose an issue as there’s no public parking space available (except for that of the malls), please consider the same in case you’re driving down.
Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/213137589612782/
The Changing Face of the Hauz Khas Complex : A Heritage Walk.
Popular as ‘HKV’, in today’s modern lingo, known more for it’s upscale cafés, high end boutiques, antique shops and a bustling hangout was once a repository of culture and knowledge. This charming site has seen several twists and turns with time; it housed a water reservoir built by Alauddin Khilji, converted into a battlefield ushering the beginning of the Tughluq dynasty and got an uplifting during Feroze Shah Tughluq’s reign as he built a Madrasa; a seminary of international repute. It also became his final resting place.
On 9th December, we will walk down these incidents with walk leader, Aditya Pathak and will discuss the peculiar architectural innovations of the Firozian times, which laid the foundation of Indo Islamic architecture.
We’ll also discuss a conjectural reconstruction of the place
The primary structures to be covered in the walk :
● Hauz e Alai
● Madrasa e Feroz Shahi
● A Medieval mosque with innovative architecture
● University Buildings.
● Feroze Shah Tughluqs tomb.
Walk leader : Aditya Pathak
Catch him in action on his YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/adityapathakutube
Day and Date : 9th Dec’2018/Sunday
Timings : 9am to 11:30 am
Language : English/Hindi
Charges : ₹300
Contact number: 9818278665
Meeting Point : mein “Deer Park entrance (near Hauz Khas Village parking)”
Parking is available at the meeting Point.
The nearest metro station is Hauz Khas on the yellow line. Then take an auto to the meeting point. https://goo.gl/maps/PaG9YbRb4Go
Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/364088394138826