A quick vlog about the Jagajjyoti Buudha Vihara at East Of Kailash, New Delhi .. near the famous ISKCON Temple. In this episode we explore this tranquil temple and discuss about the ancient form of Buddhism followed by the Barua community of Chittagong!
Glimpses from the recent tour 🙂 The Nirvana Trail – ‘Vihara’ (‘experiential’ walking) across a lesser known ancient chapter in the story of Delhi!
A ‘Vihara’ (experiential Heritage walk) and a Sound Healing session at the Jain Sanctuaries of Mehrauli!
Facebook Event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/322308021827151/
In this unique tour we’ll walk in the spiritually charged neighborhood of Yoginipura, the modern day Mehrauli. We’ll attempt to experience the serene surroundings and the amazing art work around in a manner how the seekers and seers here did once upon a time! We’ll discuss about the Jain school of thought and understand how it runs as a common binding thread as Delhi flips pages from the ancient through the Sultanate, Mughal and even the British and contemporary chapters of its life!
We’ll visit a blessed sanctum of peace, wisdom and spiritual energy; take a tranquil trek up a hillock to witness the grand idol of an enlightened master; listen to stories and historical trivia associated with the “Jain” aspects of Delhi; and, to welcome the New Year ahead with a new vision, we’ll take a dip into our own Zen with a quick Sound Healing and Meditation session under the sky 🙂
More Info related to the tour:
– Places covered: Dada Baadi Jain Temple + Ahinsa Sthal, Mehrauli
– Walk leader and Sound healing session moderator : Aditya Pathak
– Date & Day: 30th December 2018, Sunday
– Timings : 9:00 am to 12:00 noon
– Meeting Point : Main gate near Qutub Minar Metro Station Parking
– Meeting Point Map Location: https://goo.gl/maps/deFcqCorj9r
– Parking is available at the Qutub Minar Metro Station Parking Lot
– Charges : ₹400 per head
– Total Walking Distance: around 2.5 km (Moderate Terrain)
– For further queries reach out to Asif at 9818278665
Things to Note:
– Temple rule 1: Before entering both the destinations, footwear is required to be deposited at the counters provided for the purpose
– Temple rule 2: Leather goods, e.g. purse, wallet, belt, shoes, bags etc. are prohibited inside the main shrines
– Meditation Guidance 1: We’ll be sitting on green grass under the sky! Please carry sheets or Yoga mats etc if you feel the need
– Meditation Guidance 2: Some phases of the Meditation session require us to close our eyes. It helps if you have something like a scarf etc available to use as a blindfold for the same