Glimpses from the recent tour 🙂 The Nirvana Trail – ‘Vihara’ (‘experiential’ walking) across a lesser known ancient chapter in the story of Delhi!
Latest webisode in the #TranquilDelhi #JourneysWithin vlog series – Jain Temple Dadabari of Mehrauli, Delhi, India!
A ‘Vihara’ (experiential Heritage walk) and a Sound Healing session at the Jain Sanctuaries of Mehrauli!
Facebook Event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/322308021827151/
In this unique tour we’ll walk in the spiritually charged neighborhood of Yoginipura, the modern day Mehrauli. We’ll attempt to experience the serene surroundings and the amazing art work around in a manner how the seekers and seers here did once upon a time! We’ll discuss about the Jain school of thought and understand how it runs as a common binding thread as Delhi flips pages from the ancient through the Sultanate, Mughal and even the British and contemporary chapters of its life!
We’ll visit a blessed sanctum of peace, wisdom and spiritual energy; take a tranquil trek up a hillock to witness the grand idol of an enlightened master; listen to stories and historical trivia associated with the “Jain” aspects of Delhi; and, to welcome the New Year ahead with a new vision, we’ll take a dip into our own Zen with a quick Sound Healing and Meditation session under the sky 🙂
More Info related to the tour:
– Places covered: Dada Baadi Jain Temple + Ahinsa Sthal, Mehrauli
– Walk leader and Sound healing session moderator : Aditya Pathak
– Date & Day: 30th December 2018, Sunday
– Timings : 9:00 am to 12:00 noon
– Meeting Point : Main gate near Qutub Minar Metro Station Parking
– Meeting Point Map Location: https://goo.gl/maps/deFcqCorj9r
– Parking is available at the Qutub Minar Metro Station Parking Lot
– Charges : ₹400 per head
– Total Walking Distance: around 2.5 km (Moderate Terrain)
– For further queries reach out to Asif at 9818278665
Things to Note:
– Temple rule 1: Before entering both the destinations, footwear is required to be deposited at the counters provided for the purpose
– Temple rule 2: Leather goods, e.g. purse, wallet, belt, shoes, bags etc. are prohibited inside the main shrines
– Meditation Guidance 1: We’ll be sitting on green grass under the sky! Please carry sheets or Yoga mats etc if you feel the need
– Meditation Guidance 2: Some phases of the Meditation session require us to close our eyes. It helps if you have something like a scarf etc available to use as a blindfold for the same
Event Info and Registration >> https://www.facebook.com/events/305420496615539/
The Nirvana trail : “A Heritage Walk and Sound Healing Meditation Session at Ahimsa Sthal & Azim Khan’s tomb.”
In this unique tour we’ll walk in the neighbourhood of the land of peace – Ahimsa Sthal! We’ll make an attempt to know more about the enlightened one and also soak in the tranquil surroundings of the place.
We’ll walk up to the mystical tomb of Azim Khan and listen to stories and anecdotes right from the ancient times of Lord Mahavira, through medieval times of Jains, Mughals and the British and how the hillock that once formed the Metcalfe Battery House today stands tall as the address of peace and tranquility in the heart of Delhi!
This would be a journey within, along the path traversed by the several enlightened masters of this land and a sip of a modern-day Sufi samaa, as we take a dip into meditation and zen with a quick Sound Healing session.
- Walk leader and Sound healing session moderator : Aditya Pathak.
- Date & Day: 10th. December, Sunday.
- Timings : 8:30 am to 11 am.
- Meeting point : Qutb Minar ticket counter.
- Nearest metro station : Qutb Minar. Disembark and take an auto to meeting point.
- Charges : ₹300For queries reach out to 9810786979.
Important Points :
1.) Ahimsa Sthal is about 500 mts. walk from meeting point and there’s a climb up to Azim Khan Tomb, so wear a comfortable pair of walking shoes.
2.) Carry drinking water.
3.) For the Meditation session we’ll be sitting on green grass with morning dew. Please carry sheets or mats if you might need the same for the purpose.
4.) Shoes and any leather items will need to be deposited at the cloak room before entering the main temple at Ahimsa Sthal.