Perhaps the best ‘artist collaboration’ one can ever have 🙂 Recorded mom recently for our new meditation/healing music soundscape 🙂 She played the singing bowls and chimes ..awesome experience ..a special one indeed 🙂 Working on the mix and the video now.. will share soon @ our YouTube channel 🙂 Cheers n blessings for all! 🙂
Many Dilli-waalas are aware of Hzt. Nizamuddin Auliya, anecdotes from his life and the way he is loved by so many seekers! But not many are aware that one of the narrow by-lanes of South Delhi also houses the final resting place of the woman who brought this great Sufi saint into this world. We bring to you the shrine/dargaah of Hzt. Mai Sahiba, the divine mother of Hzt. Nizamuddin Auliya! Happy Exploring 🙂
WoMan (woman) : all that a MAN can ever aspire to be or do.. plus a WOMB! MOTHERHOOD is the highest state of being. Having a MOTHERLY vision is a sign of an EVOLVED CONSCIENCE. Not just for women, this value also makes a man a COMPLETE MAN. The world needs more such people. Thanks so much for being there maa 🙂 GOD BLESS YOU! HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ONE AND ALL 🙂
Planing to curate all of mom’s creative artworks at a dedicated webspace here >> https://shashiraman.wordpress.com/ >> you may wish to join her there 🙂 cheers! We’ll post stuff soon. Thanks!
>> Some musical wishes for the day >> https://youtu.be/HWN0JWDst4A
>> And a special poem by mom 🙂 >> https://adityapathak.net/2015/01/24/woman/
It’s mom’s birthday today 🙂 Thanks to her for bringing me and sis Arunima to the world and for nurturing and helping us learn how to live 🙂
Well, apart from making “lives” she also creates everything else that makes life “full of life”! Sharing below some of her artwork..poetry..paintings..songs..food..films..music..and anything and everything that is LIFE! 🙂
Will look forward to your blessings and greetings..and looking forward to convey all your love and wishes to her 🙂
Good day folks! Blessings for all! 🙂
- कन्या – नव-जीवन का आधार : A poem on WOMEN Empowerment: https://adityapathak.net/2011/01/24/girl-child/
- Paintings : https://adityapathak.net/2014/03/23/mom-paintings/
- FOOD: https://adityapathak.net/?s=recipe&submit=Search 🙂
- Azaadi – a poem for the nation: http://youtu.be/Ag8NQcvJ07U
- The Malhaar Lounge: mom’s famous “rain” poem 🙂 : http://youtu.be/S3zjmO0_0F4 🙂
- Mom crooning a golden oldie..a recording from a 25 years old archive 🙂 http://youtu.be/xo8J-NsL7I8
- Me and Arunima 😛 https://adityapathak.net/2014/11/08/arey-dil/
Was fun making these..and even greater fun to eat these awesome laddoos 🙂 Am trying to scribble a quick recipe below:
- 1kg aatta
- 800gm powdered sugar
- 750gm (or around 1lt.) ghee/refined oil for frying dry fruits and roasting the aatta (aataa bhoon-ne ke liye)
- 400gm safed til
- 150gm magaj (kharbooje/ tarbooje ke beej)
- almonds, cashew nuts – 150gm each
- 200gm kishmish
- 100gm makhana
Quick meanings of Hindi names used above:
Aataa = wheat fluor
Ghee = commonly used Indian clarified butter;
Safed Til = white sesame seeds
Magaj = dried seeds of melon and water-melon
Kishmish = raisins
Makhana = Euryale ferox (foxnut)
- in a dry frying pan, roast the safed til.
- grind (dardara/mota) around 300gm of the roasted til in a mixer/grinder to make a paste with coarse granules (not a fine smooth paste). Keep aside around 100gm of the roasted til for adding to the mixture later.
- heat refined oil/ghee for frying the almonds and cashew-nuts.
- crush the fried almonds and cashew-nuts after they cool down a bit.
- also fry the magaj in heated oil
- roast (not deep fry) the makhana using very small amount of oil.
- crush the roasted makhana
- heat 200gm ghee and 300gm refined oil. (The ghee helps in binding the mixture for making laddoos)
- add the aatta in the heated ghee/oil. Cook on a medium flame constantly mixing the contents well thoroughly..till the color of the mix deepens and a mild fragrance of the cooked mix rises. (Medium flame pe aataa achhe se bhunein. Jab sondhi khushbu aane lage aur aate ka rang badal jaae to aata ready hai.)
- once the aataa cools down a bit, properly mix with it all the other ingredients (kishmish, crushed dry fruits, crushed makhana, safed til (crushed as well as whole), fried magaj, powdered sugar). Sugar can be added as per taste.
- make small laddoos picking small portions of the mix in your palms
Enjoy… MERRY CHRISTMAS 🙂 Here’s a special Christmas Greeting from our musical kitchen 🙂 Cheers!