Glimpses from the recent tour 🙂 The Nirvana Trail – ‘Vihara’ (‘experiential’ walking) across a lesser known ancient chapter in the story of Delhi!
A premier Buddhist institution of Delhi, Asoka Mission was founded by the eminent Cambodian monk Ven. Dharmavara Mahathera in 1948 with invaluable support from Prime Minister Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru and other public men and scholars.
Asoka Mission is a registered society. Its objective is “to promote friendly relations, understanding and peace amongst men through education, health care, social and religious services and economic upliftment”. It endeavours to promote friendly relations between nations and communities.
Asoka Mission has the privilege of receiving high ranking dignitaries like HH the Dalai Lama, HH the Panchhen Lama, Prince Norodom Sinhanouk of Cambodia, HH Sangharaja of Laos, Fuji Guruji of Japan, HH Gamboja Hambo Lama of Mongolia, former President KR Narayanan of India and many others. Former Prime Minister of Myanmar, U Nu had planted the bodhi tree on the mission premises in 1953.
Ven. Dharmavara Mahathera left for USA in 1975. Asoka Mission was formally reorganized with Ven. Lama Lobzang as President. New Activities were started to revitalize it.
Asoka Mission campus is spread over 12.5 acres in the heart of capital city of India. One of the old structures is used as the shrine. It has been regularly celebrating the bUddha Purnima and other functions and religious rituals. It has been organizing meditation camps and retreats, (including those by foreign monks) from time to time.
Asoka Mission apart from running a meditation center and its other activities is presently concentrating on providing a firm foundation to its research wing, Centre for Studies in Transnational Buddhism & Civilizations. It is engaged in research on Education in Ancient Asia of which the Global Buddhist Congregation, the current conference is an offshoot. Before this conference, The Meaning of SriNalanda, held in April 28th to 30th, 2003 was the first international conference the Mission conducted. The Mission is also engaged in two other projects, viz., the Himalayan Research Centre for High Altitude Diseases, and the Asoka Mission Health Care Centre, New Delhi- A lifeline for Ladakh.
Note: Text sourced from: https://www.indiamart.com/asoka-mission-delhi/aboutus.html
Happy New Year friends 🙂 To start the new year on an uplifting and healing note, we bring to you an hour full of an enriched Soundscape that heals and facilitates meditativeness! To top it all, the venue, Ramana Kendra Delhi, happens to be one of the most tranquil and blessed places in Delhi and is just so apt for the purpose 🙂 The whole neighbourhood here is blessed with positive energies and is revered by people from different faiths!
We’ll be playing a handpicked sound-set and conducting a 1 Hour Guided Meditation session… do join in!
- Facebook event link: https://www.facebook.com/events/362316691214433
- Registration link: https://goo.gl/forms/BvHGbsnzTogUQ7MA2
More Info about the event:
- Soundscapes and Meditation facilitated by: Aditya Pathak
- Know more about the facilitator and our Meditation Music here: https://adityapathak.net/meditation/
- Schedule: 11:00a.m. to 12:30p.m. on Sunday, 6th January 2019
- Venue: Main shrine (ground floor), Ramana Kendra Delhi, 8, Institutional Area, Lodhi Road, Delhi, India
- Map link: https://goo.gl/maps/R7bPGuBBCfB2
- Charges: The session is FREE of cost for all. (We do accept voluntary contributions (Optional) that will help us curate more such sessions in future 🙂 Donations can be made in cash or via Paytm/UPI on the spot)
Some guidelines for meditation:
- The session will involve sitting and lying down on a clean carpeted floor. Please carry your bed-sheets/mats etc if you feel the need (Chairs will be available for those unable to sit on the floor)
- Some phases of the Meditation session require us to close our eyes with a blindfold. Please carry a scarf, handkerchief, etc. that can be used as a blindfold.
- It is advised that you have a gap of at-least 1 Hour between your last meal and the Meditation session
- Note 1: Public Convenience (toilets) are available at the venue
- Note 2: The venue can house around 30 individuals at once. To help us plan accordingly please confirm your attendance through the Registration Link shared above.
- Note 3: Please carry reusable water bottles along, to minimize plastic waste 🙂
Registration link: https://goo.gl/forms/BvHGbsnzTogUQ7MA2
A ‘Vihara’ (experiential Heritage walk) and a Sound Healing session at the Jain Sanctuaries of Mehrauli!
Facebook Event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/322308021827151/
In this unique tour we’ll walk in the spiritually charged neighborhood of Yoginipura, the modern day Mehrauli. We’ll attempt to experience the serene surroundings and the amazing art work around in a manner how the seekers and seers here did once upon a time! We’ll discuss about the Jain school of thought and understand how it runs as a common binding thread as Delhi flips pages from the ancient through the Sultanate, Mughal and even the British and contemporary chapters of its life!
We’ll visit a blessed sanctum of peace, wisdom and spiritual energy; take a tranquil trek up a hillock to witness the grand idol of an enlightened master; listen to stories and historical trivia associated with the “Jain” aspects of Delhi; and, to welcome the New Year ahead with a new vision, we’ll take a dip into our own Zen with a quick Sound Healing and Meditation session under the sky 🙂
More Info related to the tour:
– Places covered: Dada Baadi Jain Temple + Ahinsa Sthal, Mehrauli
– Walk leader and Sound healing session moderator : Aditya Pathak
– Date & Day: 30th December 2018, Sunday
– Timings : 9:00 am to 12:00 noon
– Meeting Point : Main gate near Qutub Minar Metro Station Parking
– Meeting Point Map Location: https://goo.gl/maps/deFcqCorj9r
– Parking is available at the Qutub Minar Metro Station Parking Lot
– Charges : ₹400 per head
– Total Walking Distance: around 2.5 km (Moderate Terrain)
– For further queries reach out to Asif at 9818278665
Things to Note:
– Temple rule 1: Before entering both the destinations, footwear is required to be deposited at the counters provided for the purpose
– Temple rule 2: Leather goods, e.g. purse, wallet, belt, shoes, bags etc. are prohibited inside the main shrines
– Meditation Guidance 1: We’ll be sitting on green grass under the sky! Please carry sheets or Yoga mats etc if you feel the need
– Meditation Guidance 2: Some phases of the Meditation session require us to close our eyes. It helps if you have something like a scarf etc available to use as a blindfold for the same
Welcoming you all to this novel event… We’ll take you through the greens of Lodhi Gardens and there’s also a live #Sound #Healing #MeditationMusic session that I have specially curated with some hand picked Soundscapes 😊🎶🙏👌🍀☀ hope to see you there ☺ blessings for all!
Event details: https://www.facebook.com/events/115833419188540/
Date/time: Sunday, 12 November 2017 – 9:00am-11:00am
Venue: Lodhi Garden, New Delhi
Meditative Walk at Indraprastha Park – Vishwa Shanti Stupa / World Peace Pagoda (with Relaxing Music)